Cette année, l’Université McGill a remis un doctorat honoris causa à l’honorable Irwin Cotler, P.C., O.C., O.Q., BCL’64, lors de la collation des grades du printemps de la Faculté de droit qui s’est déroulée le 30 mai, lors d’un bel après-midi, où larges sourires et grandes émotions étaient au rendez-vous. Voyez nos albums photos ou revivez la cérémonie sur Youtube.
The ceremony was then followed by a cocktail reception at the Faculty Club (see photos lower on this page), where the Class of 1969 graciously hosted a reception for the Class of 2019. Some members of the Class of 1969 also participated in the pomp and circumstance, with faculty and university officials as part of the platform party.
- Remarks by Mohawk Bear Clan Matron Louise Wa’kerakats:te McDonald
- Remarks by Principal Suzanne Fortier
- Presentation of John W. Durnford Teaching Excellence Award to Professor Johanne Poirier
- Presentation of Principal’s Prize for Outstanding Emerging Researcher to Professor Marie Manikis
- Commencement Address by Professor Emeritus Irwin Cotler
- Valedictorian Address by André Moreau
- Closing remarks by Dean Robert Leckey
- Relive the complete Law Convocation ceremony (2 hours)
La cérémonie en photos
Click on a photo to enlarge it.
Reception hosted by the Class of 1969
We were honoured to welcome Class of 1969 alumni Bernie Stern, Justice Marc De Wever, and Donald Davis at the Class of 2019 reception. Dean Robert Leckey, Advancement Director Heather Powers gave a few words, and then Bernie Stern shared advice and insights from his storied career. View the Convocation cocktail speech by Bernie Stern (7m 25s).
Photos of Convocation ceremonies: Lysanne Larose, Neale McDevitt, Owen Egan, Joni Dufour.
Photos of reception: Nicolas Morin. Video of speech: Maria Marcheschi.